Now that I’m nearly 30 and a mom, it feels kind of strange to say: Most of my recent style icons are teenage girls.
Or girls in their early 20′s, at least. But it’s true! I’ve been finding so much inspiration from the girls that I see on tumblr. They style themselves in ways that I always dreamed about when I was that age, but was often too afraid to do myself. In my teenage years, you’d occasionally find me wearing things like bunny ears, blue lipstick, and bindis. But not nearly as often as I wanted to. Kids at school are dicks, and I just couldn’t handle the taunting and teasing every day. (When I wore blue lipstick, people called me “smurf-blower.” Seriously! It’s pretty funny now, but at the time, I wanted to cry. lol) So I would forgo the fashions I desired to wear in order to avoid being made fun of.
So I guess I’m living vicariously through these lovely ladies from tumblr. Here are some of my favourite gals:
The picture above is an old photo that I came across recently. From 2003-ish, perhaps? I really can’t recall. So what is up, buttercup? As for me, the way things have been currently:
• Stressing out over baby names. I really can’t believe how hard it is to decide on a girl name. Did I mention? – We already had a boy name picked out (Lincoln!), and that was uber-easy to decide on. But this girl name thing? Impossible.
• Chadu & I made cupcakes a few days ago! It was the first time that either of us has ever attempted to make cupcakes. And they turned out perfectly! Pictures yay:
• Speaking of cupcakes, I got the most adorable hair clip in the mail from Kelsi
. Go check out her website, she’s selling even more cute hair clips here
• I’ve been obsessed with the Alice: Madness Returns
video game. I don’t play video games, myself, but I’ve been watching Chadu play it.
• Finally! I made my first digital art journal since January
! Making digital journals
is truly my most favourite thing to do in the world. I wish I would make time to do it more often!
• Other tidbits of excitement: I’m going to be exchanging artist trading cards with the lovely Erica of star-stuff.net
! I’ve never made an artist trading card before. I’m looking forward to creating some! ♦ Being re-inspired by the work of Eduardo Recife
. I discovered his art years upon years ago and it’s still one of my biggest inspirations ever. ♦ I’m taking part in The Summer Sessions
, started by Magen Toole of eonism.net
. Check it out soon, it’ll be starting next month. ♦ Random pictures, ahoy: